MONA was born in Ibague, Colombia. Her passion for the plastic arts started in the early years when she received her high-level education on architectural design that is portrayed in the rigorous structure of her paintings. She then experimented with diverse mixed techniques and materials, exploring the “Costumbrismo” (an art movement that deals with typical regional and national customs), depicting human figures and their interaction with diverse and creative spaces.
In her years living in Paris and through her travels around the Americas, Europe and Asia she has been able to study and experiment the different cultures in order to capture them in her own personal work.
After many years of studies building her passion for the arts, Mona now lives in Bogota, Colombia, working full-time and exploring in depth urban and street art.
"Never give up on a dream. Only try seeing the signs that will lead you to it." - Paulo Coelho.
- Hotel Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia – Bogotá.
- Hotel Santa Clara - Cartagena.
- Hotel Radisson – Bogotá.
- Galeria Versalles – Bogotá.
- Salón Nacional de Artes Visuales – Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín.
- Salón Regional de Artistas – Instituto Distrital de Cultura y Turismo, Bogotá.
- Hotel de Ville St-nom la Breteche – France
- Salon d’ Automne Noisy le Roi – France
- Galerie d’ art Versailles – France
- Salon d’ art Marly le Roi – France
- Galerie d’ art Saint Germain des-Pres – France